Friday, February 27, 2015

Project Introduction

This blog has been created to log my progress for a school project called "passion projects." Each student chooses a topic they would like to learn about or a goal they would like to achieve and is given class time to work on it.

For my passion project I will be learning about coding javascript and learning what it is like to be a software engineer. This include the entire development process from initial conception of an idea to the finished product.

I am going into university for either computer science or software engineering. My school has a very poor selection of computer courses with no developed computer science program so I decided this was a great opportunity to learn.

I feel a good place to start is with the basics. My friend from another school has (generously) provided me with all of his notes from his grade 11 and 12 computer science courses. I will First read through these and do my best to understand them.

Next I will need to work on a few projects to test and further my understanding. I plan to use online resources and programs to learn and help me through this process.

This is an absolutely massive project to undertake. It will take lots of dedication and motivation if I plan to even scratch the surface of success. However, this project (if successful) will most definitely help me in the long run. It will provide me with a much stronger foundation heading into university and beyond.

1 comment:

  1. I do think this is an ambitious project, but it doesn't have a real end point; you're just beginning a long term project and trying to take advantage of this opportunity. I'm really interested in following along because Java is something that is completely new to me, so I'll learn from you.

    ReplyDelete