Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Project Conclusion

As the semester winds up to an end, so too does my passion project. I would like to use this post as a way to reflect on my project as well as make connections to my bible class.

My initial goals for this project were to get an introduction to coding, begin writing code and become more equipped for computer science at university. I believe that in one way or another, I accomplished all of these goals. Code academy was a great tool to accomplishing my goals as it gave me a very convenient way to learn and experiment at the same time.

When considering the "throughlines" I have learned about in my bible class, I find that I am able to relate my project to them.

The first one which I found relates to my project is God worshiping. An aspect of God worshiping is celebrating who God is and having a sense of wonder towards God. When you begin to understand a bit more about the complexity of computer software it gives you a sense of wonder at the creativity that God has instilled in us. Someone had to make these languages all the other intricacies of computer science. This definitely gave me a deep sense of wonder.

One last one Which I would like to talk about is "Idolatry discerning." Computer science takes time and if you're doing it for a job or just because you enjoy it, I can see how it could become your number one priority in life. Anything given more importance than God is an idol, so in the future I will have to make sure to keep my priorities in line when dealing with computer science.

No comments:

Post a Comment